Mathison Family

Mathison Family

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Home from the Hospital

I am home from back surgery. I had my L5 fused. That is the bottom disk in your spine. I added a picture of the spine below with some of the different problems that can occur. evidently my L5 disk had exploded according to my Doctor and was in 3 pieces. I also managed to have a bone spur down there too. I am not sure why my back is in such bad shape- but I'm glad to be home and doing better now. the pain that was radiating down my leg into my foot is gone... whew! but the incision pain is making up for lost time ! OMG the doc must have had a party in my stomach before he sewed me up... I hear it is a lot like C-section pain. So that is the latest scoop.

Cal is playing basketball- Jill is getting ready for her meet on Dec 13th and I am in recovery- Tim is being Tim...
We are planning to head t Arkansas for Thanksgiving if my body will cooperate.
http://herniateddiscdrx9000.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/diagram_spine_conditions1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment